View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
amandasgramma

Oh, Ginaky -- I have a CURE for your problem!!:-D A CHEAP one! DH was upset at the price for new wires AND I was on a timeline for granddaughter's quilt (of course, she wanted FANCY designs! sigh). So he went to Sportsman's warehouse (that used to be the name) and bought the stuff you see pictured here from the fishing dept.. total cost - less than $5.00 AND it'll make about 5-6 of the Y-axis wires AND they're always available - no waiting for shipment. I've done a whole quilt with one he made and it hasn't broken yet!!!

Now -- my problem....I did the heart design they show in the video on 4 borders -- two on the top and two on the bottom. They were different sizes because the borders were different sizes. Then I undid the quilt, turned it to do the "sides" -- now the top and bottom. I canNOT get the borders to match the first borders I did. I wrote down the #s, wrote down the % and they will NOT match! I got one to be the same size, but the starting point moves over about 9" to the right. Okay -- I fine tuned it to the starting point I want, and it works fine...UNTIL you get within 9" of the end and it STOPS!!!! ARRRRGH. What am I missing here?? Aren't they supposed to match? Yes, the sides are shorter than the length, but I'd not think that should prevent you from having a perfect quilting job!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-91511.jpe