View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I used to sell a lot of patterns on E-bay. I would purchase a large lot from a wholesale company that had the House of White Birch booklets and the ones that used to be sold via mail (where you would get six patterns to put in a three-ringed binder). I started out at a very low price, usually a dollar. I had a few auctions that got up as high as $22.00 for a pattern I paid less than fifty cents for. I finally quit when a buyer won over a hundred dollars worth of patterns and then claimed that the box of patterns did not arrive, even though I paid for delivery confirmation and got confirmation that they had. She left me negative feedback because I refused to refund her money, even though I did send her more patterns if I had duplicats, even though I had paid for the delivery confirmation and could prove that they had arrived. She filed a complaint. A few months later, I noticed that she was re-selling some of the patterns she had supposedly not gotten from me. Some of the patterns were not the duplicates I sent her, so I know she did get the original box and also got about fifty dollars worth of patterns from me in the second box I sent her. Never again. That was one of the last times I sold on e-Bay.
Mistymarie, that is the saddest, most disgusting thing I ever heard. No wonder you stopped selling. That's enough to make you sick. How low can somebody go to make a $? Thank goodness most of us are honest people.