View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I just tried to send my Qbot in for updating. I'm not sure if this rant is against FedX/UPS OR the local 'box-em-up' place. The woman boxed up the Qbot for $2.98. okay.....then she said shipping was $10.something. okay.......THEN I said I need $3000. insurance on it.......okay ----She wanted $72.00!!!!! she said $50.00 something for insurance and $5.95 for "signing for insurance"....huh????

I said I'd pay for boxing but would have to think about it. I went to the post office......had it boxes, so no worries. Got $3000. insurance......total: $40.00 That's a BIG difference!! She told me they can beat prices of the 'box-em-up' joints on small things but not BIG cumbersome things.

I know where I'll go from now on!
Anyone else noticed the difference?
I think the problem is with the "box-em-up" place.

The only difference between USPS/UPS/FedEx that I'm SURE of is that USPS doesn't care if you insure it. They're happy to take your money for shipping. If something happens enroute, and you didn't insure it, they don't care, and the problem is yours. UPS and FedEx will automatically add insurance into the price if the item is valuable. And if something goes wrong, you're covered and it is THEIR problem.

"Choose wisely..."