View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 02:12 AM
DebsShelties

I remember trying to help a group with quilts for soldiers. Will never do it again however due to how things panned out. I was given fabric to work with for a large quilt. The fabric was donated and guess no one bothered to really look to see if it was good enough to use before handing out. I ended up adding fabric of my own from my own stash from Quilt in a Day, a high end fabric shop! Got told that I use cheap fabric and all my projects were crappy. I decided I did not have to put up with that as it was NOT my fault. It was their responsibility to check the fabric that they were giving out to people to make the quilts.
If they wanted perfection, they should have specified and told anyone who was a beginner that sorry you are not good enough to join in our group.
I was told I could do the pattern any way I saw fit. Was told later that was not the case, hmmmm. It was a patchwork scrappy, that I tried very hard to not place two pieces of the same fabric side by side. That is why I had to add from my own stash.
Am happier now doing my own thing. It's not that I don't feel for our soldiers, I do, it's that my work was not appreciated when my help was asked for.