View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
ellenmg

I am finishing up a single bed quilt for my neighbor. Here is a pic, it really looks better than this one shows, but I need some advice. I quilted it with bear paws diagonally across the quilt. Now I did the templates on 8 1/2 by 11 paper, one to a page so they are rather large, perhaps between 7" long by 5 wide, shorter for the front paws. My thought was, it looks like the bear walked across the quilt...so I did not put them too close together, I used the width of the paper, laying the templates directly next to each other and offset by half a page...You can kind of see some of it in the lower right side.
I used the good batting that can be quilted up to 10 inches apart, but to my eye the (green) bottom seems rather sparse. I thought about doing a coyote paw print which would be smaller as a fill-in. the quilting on the center panel does not even show up.
So my question, should I go back and do some fill-in with coyote feet? I am really trying to finish this up, and I am only charging him 50 bucks plus materials. Not that that should dictate but......Thanks all I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
Ellen
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110147.jpe