View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
sunkistmi

I can't stop crying! I just took 3 of my foster kitten babies over to the Luv-A-Pet center at PetSmart so they can be adopted into their new forever families. I have had them for the last 6 weeks of their 8 weeks of life. Last night, they all washed both arms for me. I think they knew something was up. As I walked away from the cage, they were crying because they didn't understand that their new families were just waiting for them. I wish I could figure out a way to not get so attached to them. I suppose I could just put them in the room and ignore them until they reached the age to be adopted but I just can't do that. I spend 4-5 hours a day with them getting them socialized and used to people. It's a very rewarding "job" until the point where that cage clangs shut and I have to walk away. I wish the pain would stop. I still have 4 more that will go in 2-3 weeks and I'll go through this again. But I guess when people call asking for help with kittens they have found, I will be here for them. Thanks friends for listening. You are a wonderful group of people. If only the tears would stop....
Wendy