Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tears won't stop

I can't stop crying! I just took 3 of my foster kitten babies over to the Luv-A-Pet center at PetSmart so they can be adopted into their new forever families. I have had them for the last 6 weeks of their 8 weeks of life. Last night, they all washed both arms for me. I think they knew something was up. As I walked away from the cage, they were crying because they didn't understand that their new families were just waiting for them. I wish I could figure out a way to not get so attached to them. I suppose I could just put them in the room and ignore them until they reached the age to be adopted but I just can't do that. I spend 4-5 hours a day with them getting them socialized and used to people. It's a very rewarding "job" until the point where that cage clangs shut and I have to walk away. I wish the pain would stop. I still have 4 more that will go in 2-3 weeks and I'll go through this again. But I guess when people call asking for help with kittens they have found, I will be here for them. Thanks friends for listening. You are a wonderful group of people. If only the tears would stop....
    Wendy

Take comfort in the help you are giving to their lives.

Wendy,

I understand your feelings and emotions and know you are sad. I appreciate what you do sooooo much. I couldn't do this but you can. This is such a special thing you do. Let your tears flow but remember you will be there for more precious kittens.

Blessings and a BIG HUG for you.

Blog Entries
    God bless you for your caring heart. Just knowing they have a chance because of you - may God bless you ten times fold.

((hug)) sorry for your loss, but they have a chance now, especially since you made sure they knew that people are good things who will love them.

Oh Wendy, I feel so bad for you. I have two adopted rescue dogs and help financially to support a rescue in WI. I have never fostered because I know I would be a foster flunkie and we would have many more animals. Bless you for being fur babies momma until they find their forever homes. There's a special place for you in heaven!!

Blessings,
    Linda58

I know the feeling. I just put my dog down last Tuesday. I had her for almost 6 years.

Blog Entries
    I know how you feel hon. the mamma cat we took with her two kittens got pregnant again before we got her to stay indoors. she had six more. I found good homes for 3 and after two months of playing every day with them, i took the other 3 to a place where they found homes for them.
    i still think of them and even found some pics of them playing just the other night. sigh.

I'm right there with you! I can get emotionally attached to a new animal within seconds, without even touching it. Then it's like giving up one of your children when that time comes.

Oh Wendy! I know how you feel because I did the same thing last year. I had to take three kittens to be adopted and it broke my heart too. What is funny now, but not then, I was the one doing the crying and my daughters were comforting me. I thought I would be comforting them.

You can rest easy knowing you took care of them and gave them a good home while you had them and I am sure they will find a great forever home. Lets pray our heavenly father will make sure of that.

Vanessa

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Wendy, I feel so bad for you. Think about this- if you chose to ignore them (which is impossible!) they wouldn't have that bonding that is so essential for survival. There is a special place in Heaven for you, if you ask me.
    HUGS to you, sweet Wendy :)

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. What a blessing you all are. I spent some time with the other 4 babies and they got me laughing with the funny little things they do. Then about 10 minutes ago, I got another call from someone who just found 3 really little ones. I'll get them on Monday. When one door closes, God is right there ready with another one. We just have to be willing to walk through. I walked. Many blessings.
    Wendy

Bless you! Because of what you do, they are in a much better position to be a lovable part of several others' lives. You have given them and their humans a great gift - a wonderful future together. Try to hold on to that thought. Wishing you well!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh how nice! Now you get to bond with other babies who need it. You are a blessing to all of us here on the board who love our furbabies and know there are people like you to make a difference :)

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    These kitties just know you are there for them. Sorry you are sad. Just think...out one door, in the other. YOu will get to have lots of pets and enjoy all kinds of personalities. They will find good homes. You are so blessed for doing this. Big HUgs to you.

Thank you for all you do.
    Name:  Attachment-71886.gif
Views: 8
Size:  40.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sunkistmi
    Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. What a blessing you all are. I spent some time with the other 4 babies and they got me laughing with the funny little things they do. Then about 10 minutes ago, I got another call from someone who just found 3 really little ones. I'll get them on Monday. When one door closes, God is right there ready with another one. We just have to be willing to walk through. I walked. Many blessings.
    Wendy

Wendy-

My husband and I run an Italian Greyhound rescue. I have fostered over 30 dogs in the past couple of years, and have fallen deeply in love with some of them. of course, if you start keeping them all, you become the crazy dog (or cat) lady. It's easier for me if I think of it as babysitting someone else's pet- they just don't know it yet. And keep reminding yourself that if you don't allow them to find forever homes, you cannot help the new ones coming in. One thing about rescue is that there is ALWAYS more animals in need.

God bless you. It really does get easier- the partings more bittersweet than just sad.

maggie

Aw, Hugs, Wendy! I know its so hard to let them go....but remember, now you will be able to help a new batch or a new kitty. Thats whats so AWESOME about fostring!

If you didn't take care of them they may have been put to sleep or left to roam and get killed chin up you are doing something special, bless you

Blog Entries
    ahhh Wendy I so feel your pain.....I just went through the same thing, I did weaken and keep one because it is a bit slow and I felt I was the only good home for it...{wink wink}
    just keep telling yourself they will go to good homes, you did a very good thing giving them such a great head start in thier life.
    hugs.

Awww sweetie I know where u are coming from as I too seem to find kittens and pups who have just been dumped! I bring them in and get them back to health and find homes for them. However sometimes I'am over run with more then I can take care of, and have to take them to the animal shelter. I can barely live with myself for doing that, but I always tell them to call me if they don't find homes for them as they aren't a non kill shelter. The head of the shelter knows me well. God Bless you for carrying!

Wendy, thank you for raising those kitties and playing with them and all the other things you did. I just adopted a cat today, and she is so wonderful because of someone like you.

Blog Entries
    oh Wendy! You do such great work! you give them thier start, with lots of love and caring..get them ready for thier forever homes..your a blessing to these babies!
    think of all the little quilts you have made for them..a little piece of your heart,and a quilt..what a wonderful thing you do!
    blessing,Kim

Quote Originally Posted by mytwopals
    I know the feeling. I just put my dog down last Tuesday. I had her for almost 6 years.
    I just put one down yesterday. Anna had been with us for over 12 years.

It is hard. You have a loving heart!

Blog Entries
    Debbie, your avatar is just great! and your kitty waving has to be just the greatest. Hopefully this has put a smile on sunkistmi face!

Quilter711

I was just about to write a big "THANK YOU" to Debbie for the waving kitty. I looks exactly like one of my babies from last year, Tigger, that I bottle raised. I just got back from taking up another little one, Lucky, and saw my other babies. As soon as I walked in the room, they came to the door of the cage and started meowing. I hadn't even said anything! I got to love them and give them lots of kisses and I got them back. A couple of people saw me loving them and asked some questions. Maybe they will be gone by the time I get back from this weekend up north.

You all will never know what your kind words have meant to me. They have all been so uplifting and loving. I have felt very cared about. Thank you so very much. The members of this board are like family I have never gotten to meet, with a couple of exceptions. You are all very special and I will never forget your kindness. God bless each and every one of you.
    Wendy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast