View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:45 AM
KathyKat

I have had several cats over the years and they are very sneaky. Even when I think I have one trained not to get on kitchen counters, I hear it during the night jumping down from the counter. My new kitty, Spencer the Cat, is very determined to do as he pleases. I've tried clear tape on the couch corners, then all along the sides and front but he likes to pull the tape off then lick the glue. He has an onsession for my scotch tape and I have to hide the roll in a drawer otherwise he eats it and then throws it up.

He especially loves lying on anything I happen to be working on. I recently left the edge of a robe I was sewing for my sister under the needle on my machine while I took a break. When I returned, he'd bunched the rest of the fabric on the left of the needle all into a comfortable messs and was sleeping on it. He rolls up into any quilt I'm making especially when I'm trying to iron a pieced top or back, he'll roll up in the fabric hanging down on the side of the ironing board and when I try to move the fabric along to iron, it all of a sudden has become too heavy to move. It's really quite funny. I use a lint roller to clean up and I've learned to put all my small tools including the pin cushion away in a plastic box. One day i had to look all over for my pin cushion...he'd batted it off the table and to the other side of the room under a couch. He's actually very lovable and extremely playful.