View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 08:36 PM
virtualbernie

Originally Posted by kristen0112
Originally Posted by pocoellie
I would definitely stay away from any new(modern) Singer in that price rate, I don't know about the higher end Singers though. I had so much trouble with my last Singer (80's) I took it back and got my money back and it was not a cheap machine then. I do have 2 old Singers though.
I don't know about that. I have a Singer (Futura CE250)and I am very happy with it however it was not at that price range. The first sewing machine I owned after moving out of my mother's house and away from her Viking was a Singer school model (mid 90's). I loved that machine it was a basic machine, but did have some decorative stitches, could do button holes, zippers etc. My mom bought it for me at the time I think it was about $200 - 300. When I mom died I kept her Viking and gave my sister my Singer but I missed it. I think with every brand/model you can get a lemon and someone else will get the same thing and get a jewel.
I agree with you. I have a Singer CE250 and a Singer Quantum L-500 that I currently use. After I ordered my L-500 I read quite a few bad reviews and worried that I had messed up but so far I love it. It seems people with bad reviews seem to shout the loudest :D. I also have had a Singer Stylist, Singer Quilting machine and various other models of Singers and haven't had a problem with any of them--loved them to death! I also have a couple of Brothers and a Tailor sewing machine and I love them also. So far I've been lucky enough not to have gotten a lemon machine. I say get whatever machine gives you the most bang for your buck!