View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 PM
BARES

OMG! These are your CHILDREN that you are talking about!!! Why would you even want to banish them. Fur is just the leavings of their love for you. LOL.

I gave up a long time ago trying to keep my babies off the bed and table. I have never had a problem with them on my stove or counter tops. My baby Snoozer(now deceased) jumped on my counter one time after he adopted me and scared me so much that I screamed. He never did that again. I think I scared him more than he did me. None of my kitties have ever gotten on the table while we were eating tho. They only like to get up there when "daddy bear" (hubby) is reading the paper or we are doing a puzzle and then they got in the box with the pieces so we couldn't get them. Curled up and went to sleep. They were so cute. One cat I had -- a Maine Coon slept on the headboard every night.

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I have 4 cats, all of whom like to lay on top of high surfaces, like tables and ironing boards. I make them shoo off of these surfaces several times daily. My sewing room is my dining room, and I have my mini ironing board and my cutting mat and my box of current fabrics on my table and my sewing machine on a smaller desk. I'm forced to wipe down my surfaces and lint roll my ironing boards and I'm simply too lazy to put things away. How do you keep your kitties off work surfaces and ironing boards and where ever else they may lay?