View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Rita's mom

My husband took the first part of this week off to irrigate our pasture for the last time this year. After we shut off Wed. morning we decided to go to one of our favorite flea markets. While we were there we saw a featherweight sewing machine for alot less than they usually sell for around here. We made a few comments like I wonder what is wrong with it and I wonder why it is so cheap. Well to make a long story short when we sat down after dinner last night I noticed my featherwieght sitting by the TV so I asked everyone who brought my sewing machine upstairs???( I already have a featherweight) Well it wasn't my machine it was the one from the flea market! My husband went and bought it yesterday on his lunch break and had just sat it there waiting for me to notice it. Ha Ha! That is one of the sweetest things he has done in a long time, he is not one to do things like that so I was really surprised. It seems to be in very good shape and sews really well. I'm taking it in today to have it cleaned and checked out, but it seems like everything is ok with it and the finish is in great shape. I have only found one problem with it, the case is in good shape but smells awful!!! I was wondering if anyone had any experience with getting the cases to clean up and smell better? I know alot of you have featherweights and might of had this problem too. Also I was wondering, my machine has a plain plate to the right of the needle but this new machine has one that has the 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and 3/4 lines marked on it. Does anyone know if this came on some models or if it is an aftermarket thing maybe added for quilting? I haven't looked at that many to notice if it is something some models had. Thanks for listening :)