View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Caroltee

Originally Posted by Robinlee
What measurements are your boards? I purchased some of the form board, just haven't decided on the size yet.

Originally Posted by Caroltee
Originally Posted by cjomomma
When I decided to organize my stash I went to walmart and got their empty bolt holders and cut them to size. I also went to dollar tree and bought foam boards and cut them the size I wanted.
I don’t think u need to worry about if it’s acid free or not. If your not going to use your fabric in the next few years then store it in dark color containers, but if you r sewing all the time and using your stash then I don’t think that it will hurt the fabric if it’s not acid free. I did like cjomomma and used foam board. Oh my what did grandma do before all this new modern technology got so technical? I love being able to see what I have and it makes it much easier to put pieces together. I say get that fabric out there where u can see it and u are more apt to be productive I know I am. Out of sight out of mind…..You don’t have to spend a fortune to get organized. :thumbup: :roll:
I cut mine 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 I was able to get 6 large and cut the remainder into 2 small for 1 yard or less pieces of fabric. If the height of your shelves is grater than 12 inches then you can cut them longer. Measure your shelves. But allow room at top and also the W needs to allow for fabric bulk so I would not make them any wider than 8 in. You just need to measure your location where you want to place fabric and use your own judgment. Hope this helps