Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I spent the morning at my local quilt guild meeting where I passed out several of your tops to be completed. When I arrived home, 3 more tops had arrived!

Thank you, thank you to all who are faithfully making and sending to me quilts for the soldiers in Farah, Afghanistan!!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-63082-1.htm
The commander, my SIL Bert, sounded better today, not so sad and down, in a phone call to his DW, my DD. He says they are getting excited about these quilts coming to color their dun-colored, drab world. They continue to be surrounded by danger from warring village tribes and are without many basic necessities; these quilts will definitely soon be a hug from home. I hope to start shipping after the first of October, nearly a month before first anticipated, due to the generosity and creativity of members here.

Quilts arrive at my home almost every day, it's like Christmas opening your packages and seeing your wonderful quilts! I know they will bless these young men more than you will ever know.

When he learned there had been a wonderful response to his request, Bert mentioned that "the magic number" is 128 men under his command. And I realized that if we don't send that many, how would he ever decide who was to get a quilt from us and who would do without one?!

So: For those who have made and sent a quilt or top, thank you!
For those who thought of it, offered to, intended to, or wish they had, please keep on keeping on! We can use/finish/ship all you send.

Please continue to keep these men in your prayers and in the work of your quilting! May you be blessed as you bless them.

Jan in VA