View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 AM
hazeljane

The little Gracie is a frame. I have the Grace GMQ, ( a different frame made by the Grace company)

The frame itself does not have a laser light unless you purchase it. And then, you have to manually move the machine over the pattern.

Also, you have to buy at least a mid-arm machine to go on it, in order for it to be effective. I bought the package I have, which is a GMQ frame, the stitch regulator and a Juki 98Q for about $2200. I do not have the laser light for pantographs. I just use my own free motion designs, as I am still learning too. I recently bought a couple of stencils and pounce pads but have not tried them yet.

Berta- You might see if there is anyone near you who has a similar set up or a shop in your area with one set up, that can give you an idea of what you might need. I find FMQ so much easier with the frame- I sucked at it using just my machine, though I did practice for a couple of years before upgrading. If you are new to quilting, make sure this is what you want, because it is a big investment.

Good luck.