Thread: Out of... WHAT?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 09:19 PM
drgranny

THIS IS NOT A QUICK REPLY! My DH and I live in an old business bldg with an upstairs appt. we own 2 bldg on one side of 2 story and 1 bldg on other side. Also a RV garage out back. For many years I have complained that DH had 90% of the space. In one of the other bldgs we made an appt for my parents and then later my sis moved into it. My sis passed away last Sept. Just recently I started moving out her things and making myself a room for my 18" long arm and another room for my sewing machines and table. Wel-l-l sis had a stash of her own (couldn't really compair with mine tho) and I had to find a place for her stuff and mine that was crammed into the upstairs appt. The stuff out of the upstairs appt filled one of her bedrooms. Her stash was in plastic tubs in her LR. This doesn't even compair to what I have stashed in tubs in the loft and one wall of shelves, that was my alloted space out of 3 downstairs bldgs, and the garage.Last nite I started moving the tubs out of her bedroom and into her LR along with her tubs of stash. I don't have it all moved yet and there isn't room for any more. I also have my DH's grandma's stash in 4 chest of drawers in another room. His mothers silk stash that is in plastic blanket bags, is on a couch in another storeage room. If I never bought another scrap I have enough fabric for my daughter and her daughter to use from and probably still have some left over. I can't help it! I am a fabricaholic and I have told my kids that I am keeping it till I die! The only way I can keep from buying more is to stay out of the stores. That only drives me to online shopping. I just have to stop looking!Are all of you all that bad? Once you have this big of a stash tho, you don't have to worry about hiding stuff. You can hide it in plane sight and no one will ever notice it! linda