Old 09-19-2010, 04:01 PM
neonparrot

First, I am assuming you paid for this work and why pay for something that was not done well? If this is a business, I am surprised they would offer it back to you, looking like that. Take others advice and go back for a talk with them about it.

The embroidery was not done well, stabilizer was not used properly, tension was probably too tight, not hooped properly, etc. I hate to confess how many times I have taken out embroidery designs & fonts that I did not like. I would first try taking it all out...or ask the person that did the work to do it.

Using a seam ripper and working mostly on the back, you can pick at the embroidery and remove it. A time consuming job, but for a major project like you have, it will be worth it. I use a seam ripper, hat pin, tiny sharp scissors and work on it slowly...it will come out. As far as holes in the fabric after you remove the stitching, just take a washrag and wet the fabric. The holes will close up. Let it dry, then spray it lightly with starch and iron it. It will look like new! Ask me how I know all about this!

I don't know where you are, I am in Alabama, but if you were close I would gladly do it for you. I have become a "professional" with this. Ha-ha!