Old 09-19-2010, 04:48 PM
FranW

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I've pondered over this for the past day and a half now and I think I've decided what I'll do. I'm going to print out some letters in a font I like, trace them on to fusible and applique those letters on to a new piece of banner. Applique that new banner over the old one, then cut the old one away. A little more work but I'm just worried that I'll spend even more time quilting on this cruddy banner, only to find out it didn't work to even the puckers out. Then I've really got a mess on my hands. It's at a fixable point now so I'm going to fix it.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help!
That sounds like a good way out and I am sure your beautiful work will be set off wonderfully by your applique.

I understand that you don't want to confront the person who messed up, but, after you have fixed up the quilt and cut away the offending part, would you consider writing to them, sending back the cut out piece, telling them that that you were really displeased with the work and were not able to use it and had to rework the whole thing because of what they did wrong. You might want to print out this thread and enclose it as well so they can see that a whole bunch of women (and men) who work with textiles were pretty unanimous that this was a really bad piece of work.

This lets them know that what they did is not good enough, saves you from having to go in there and say it all to their face, and, if they are honourable, they can write back and offer to refund you!

Do please post a pic when you are done- from what I can see, this quilt looks gorgeous!
This sounds like the perfect response! Your wall quilt will be done properly and the embroidery establishment will be given a chance to see their mistake (before and after). Perhaps that will prevent this type of thing from happening to another customer! Good Luck.