Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Lostn51
Banned

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: I didnt think this would get so many good ideas and post.

I think the lap quilts for the neighbors in the home will be a priority that way they will have something they have made or the neighbors made for them. I love the raffle idea also!! If I can free myself up from the business a few nights a week I could hammer out a few lap quilts and then we could raffle them off to the neighbors each time we get together or do it when we have enough for everyone. I would love to see the entire neighborhood get a lap quilt for Christmas. There are 67 people in the home and 99.9% of them are ambulatory (meaning they all are up and running around some how) I think it is a very doable thing for their community.

Picking their own patterns to do would make sense and would boost their self image because they did have a chance to decide. Either way all of t he ideas that you all have come up with are really awesome and I can take something from each and everyone of you and use it towards the project.

But the home works so hard in making everyone feel like family and to feel loved and I want to be a part of it also. There is so much we can learn from each other and the friendships that I will build with them will last forever. So I do not have a problem in putting everything I have going on hold for a day or two each month to spend it with them letting them know that they are all loved!!

Billy