View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Twilliebee

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I am confused, we use stamps for our SASE. You can't use any kind of metered mail because it has a date on it, and if the dates don't match up to the date being sent it sends up a red flag and the post office won't send it. So, I just assume you address your envelope and put USA stamps on it, but I could be waaaay off base.
Hi Sadiemae,
You can't buy another countries postage in your own country, and it usually costs more to mail to another country. I could probably pay a board member to buy me some US stamps and mail them to me, but I would still have to know how much extra it would cost the person to mail it to me in Canada compared to how much it would be to mail to someone in the USA. For example it costs about 54 cents to mail a regular letter in Canada, but about $1.05 for me to mail a regular letter from Canada to a friend in the US.
Clear as mud? I've been getting quite an education in postage since I joined the board and (good news/bad news) discovered the swaps and the classified section! LOL