View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Ramona Byrd

I get so many people that just assume I want to do things for them..
--------------------------------------
I thought this was just my own take on some of the people i know. I have no idea where they get this strange and unwelcome idea..probably from their parents who gave them new cars just for breathing in and out, so naturally assume that everyone else would go for what THEY want/need/see/want.

Nope, not this old gal. I turn off my hearing aids and make them yell out what they want, and then I loudly tell them what it would cost them for it..offends the heck out of some, but who cares! Like others say here, it's a hobby that I love, and I do it when I want and for whom I want, and as for others who want something for nothing, well, I hope they get what they deserve.
Perhaps quilts made in China with stitches that come apart when the dog vomits on it and it has to be washed?

Sorry if I sound bitter, but that happens so often that now I rarely show things I've made to others, only to guests I've invited to my house and family. I also make Victorian doll houses (Maybe one a year) and bird houses, the doll houses take many, months of work on them now and then, and someone thinks it would make a marvelous present for THEIR grandchild or neighbor's kid whose parents THEY owe a gift.