View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I LOVE THE BAMBOO BATTINGS!!! they are wonderful to work with, around here i can get them for the same prices as the 'dream' batt's; and they are wonderful. needle beautifully, great loft, launder well. no weird smells or any issues. i use it as often as i can.
and people always seem to go back to...horrible chemical processing...well, guess what people pretty much every fiber goes through some sort of horrible chemical processing if it is manufactured so i wish they would stop picking on the bamboos. it is a sustainable fiber and worth trying. another batting i tried and really like is the 'green-batting' it is made from recycled bottles (oh no more processing) it is just like using fleece as a batting.(and lots of people love fleece but ignore the fact it is made from the exact same processing and materials) the only problem i had with that batting is...it's green...so you don't want to use it in light/white quilt, it may show through. but i say, you should try every batting you come across that you can afford and keep a little 'journal' so you can keep track of the batts you love (and the price) and the ones you hate. we all have our own feelings, likes and dislikes. i am one who's favorites in order are...
1. WOOL DREAM BATTING
2. DREAM POLY
3. DREAM COTTON/ WARM & NATURAL (its a tie)
4. BAMBOO
5. DREAM GREEN- GREEN BATT
HOBBS HEIRLOOM BLACK