View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 PM
GypsyRse1

Sorry, this is wordy.... I bought my Bernina 10 years ago from a local dealer. I hadn't used the machine much until a year ago when I started quilting. I have now come to the place where I wanted a "walking foot", $150 at the dealer. 2 weeks ago I bought one. I find out yesterday that in amongst all the gadgets with my machine, I already have one. Today I took the foot I bought back to the dealer. They will not give me my money back. They gave me some kind of script in $25 increments to spend only at their store and can be used only on full price items. At first, they said that I could only use the script for 1/2 of any purchase at which point I said, "Boy, this just keeps getting better, doesn't it?" They brought the owner out who agreed with the clerk but added that the clerk was incorrect about using it for only 1/2 of any purchases. She also added that it states the policy on the bottom of the sales slip... Quote- "If something is wrong, we will make it right by repairing or replacing the item. All Deposits on machines or special orders are not refundable". Where does it state that if they take my money, I won't get it back? Keep in mind that you only get the receipt with this printed on it after they have your hard earned money. There, there.... I think I feel better now and thank you for letting me blow..... AND>>>> the script is not good on servicing or classes.... I still think I might cry...