Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Upset enough to cry... >

Upset enough to cry...

Upset enough to cry...

Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 PM

Sorry, this is wordy.... I bought my Bernina 10 years ago from a local dealer. I hadn't used the machine much until a year ago when I started quilting. I have now come to the place where I wanted a "walking foot", $150 at the dealer. 2 weeks ago I bought one. I find out yesterday that in amongst all the gadgets with my machine, I already have one. Today I took the foot I bought back to the dealer. They will not give me my money back. They gave me some kind of script in $25 increments to spend only at their store and can be used only on full price items. At first, they said that I could only use the script for 1/2 of any purchase at which point I said, "Boy, this just keeps getting better, doesn't it?" They brought the owner out who agreed with the clerk but added that the clerk was incorrect about using it for only 1/2 of any purchases. She also added that it states the policy on the bottom of the sales slip... Quote- "If something is wrong, we will make it right by repairing or replacing the item. All Deposits on machines or special orders are not refundable". Where does it state that if they take my money, I won't get it back? Keep in mind that you only get the receipt with this printed on it after they have your hard earned money. There, there.... I think I feel better now and thank you for letting me blow..... AND>>>> the script is not good on servicing or classes.... I still think I might cry...
Old 09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Google Goddess

sorry to hear this happened to you

do they have any other attachments for your machine that you can buy or maybe an extension table

that is so terrible
Old 09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Oh, I feel for you!
In the first place 150.00 is a total rip-off!! I bought one from my dealer for less than 50.00 brand-new.
And if I had 2 of something they would give me my money back!
Shame on them :(
Old 09-22-2010, 04:53 PM

I would start by asking how you were to know about the policy before purchase. Secondly I would ask for the refund once again and then if she doesn't refund, I would kindly hand her a prepared letter that I had written prior to my visit that is addressed to the attorney general of the state and let her know that that is her copy and you'll be stopping at the post office on the way home. We wrote the attorney generalof our state and the AG sent a letter on our behalf and the company was willing to then do the right thing.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

That's why I like my Pfaff!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM

I think that they do this because they have already ordered a replacement for their inventory. I hope that you can spend it on something else special since you had already set aside the money.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:56 PM

Yikes! $150 for a walking foot seems awfully expensive. I'm sorry you weren't able to get a refund on your purchase, but at least they gave you store credit. If you don't want the store credit, you might be able to sell your extra foot on eBay. Just a thought.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM

I wouldn't be happy about that, how much protection does OR offer the consumer with bought goods. Might spend whats left but make sure they understand that will be the last sale to you!! If not returnable because its a special order. Sad part is will probibly be resold as used. Not sure if I'd want them to service any item if it were available. Hopefully they have somthing good you can use. Good Luck
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM

Next time check on e-bay. I would be re-thinking going back to that dealers.
Goes to show we need to be more careful of whats in our sewing rooms.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:05 PM

I wouldn't do any more business with that shop. Also I'd tell everyone I know about this transaction.