Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Upset enough to cry... >

Upset enough to cry...

Upset enough to cry...

Old 09-22-2010, 09:58 PM

I agre with going to the BBB and the AG! Also i would once again ask for your money back not these "scripts". If they still refuse politely tell them you will have a chat with your local News station that does a " On your side" type of story. The news channels love those kinda stories. Im sure the store doesnt want to be on tv under attack. If there isnt a sign stating no refunds then it doesnt matter what reciept says after the fact! I wish you the best but im sure they have lost your business and any word of mouth you will be giving.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 AM

Had you used it before you brought it back?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Administrator

let me be honest and clear. in your shoes i would also be very unhappy. however, it's important and fair to keep in mind that no merchant is obligated to "make good" when a customer has only changed their mind. the policy is unpleasant for the customer but is not illegal or unethical.

if you decide to write letters to the company and to consumer protection agencies, please keep in mind that you don't have grounds to accuse the dealer of anything except their failure to make the return policy clear before you had handed over the money.

if i understand correctly, you've already returned the foot and taken the scripts. yes? use them to purchase things for yourself that you consider treats. things you would normally only have looked at wistfully but passed by in favor of more practical purchases. you'll still have spent money you later discovered you didn't need to spend but will have something fun in your collection to take away some of the sting.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:59 AM

I bought my Bernina about 10 years ago also and had to buy the walking foot seperate. If I remember right it was $98. I think most of the dealers don't refund money but if you are a good customer they should. Otherwise use the store credit for some other new feet. Bernina has some really great ones.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 AM

How frustrating. On the other hand their are unfortunately people out there that come in to buy a foot use it for the purpose they need then want to return it. I can understand both sides.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:50 AM

Exactly why I wouldn't have a Bernina. They think everything they sell is Golden. Our local dealer recently dropped them because customers were sick of there s**t. She says they are no better than any other top of the line machine. Glad I have a Pfaff and the Walking Foot is always right there. LOL!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:06 AM

In the business world it is very unethical to not tell a customer ahead of time, especially on something so specialized as this, what the return/not return policy is. This business is, most likely, under strict guidelines from Bernina. Bernina maybe should be contacted and asked about it and have THEM make it right - and at the same time let the owner of the store know what is going on... his/her hands may, again, be tied in this case.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:16 AM

No, the foot had not been used and only purchased 2 weeks before. I opened the box, read the directions and set it aside because I wasn't ready to try and use it yet. Then while organizing my sewing space, I found the software and walking foot that came with the machine. Since I didn't need 2, I had no choice and returned the foot yesterday and accepted the script credit. But not without alot of heartburn....
Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 AM

Thank you for suggesting it, I will contact Bernina and see what their thoughts are on the subject.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Administrator

like everyone else, i sympathize. however, that's a purely emotional thing.

in fact the shop is not at fault here. nohow, noway, no ifs-ands-or-buts.

certainly, it's a highly desirable customer service courtesy to post return policy signs where customers can see them before handing over the money, but they don't have to.

the shop owner is not responsible for searching your accessory collection before selling you a foot.

the box was opened, so she'll have to resell it at a discount.

the merchant met you as close to halfway as possible.

you may not have gotten what you want, but you will not end up emptyhanded.

again ... not the shop owner's fault.

case closed.