View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Gramof6

Well I am hobbling along on one foot. Monday evening I was in the backyard & to make a long story short.... the top os an old 110 yr old park bench that weighs 400-600 lbs, toppled over onto my right foot. It is 3-4 inches of solid cement. It was leaned up against the fence & my huge male Malamute thought a mouse was behind it. He actually budged that heavy thing enough that it just toppled right on over onto me before I could get out of the way. I cried and yelled until my DH came to see what I was doing outside for so long. I was in so much pain I was sick to my stomach but he helped me to the patio. Went to the After Hrs ER place & they siad they don't think it is broken. With it so swollen I guess it would be hard to tell. I see the Ortho. Dr Friday morning & hoping for an MRI. Darn foot os so swollen it does not even come close to resembling a foot. Sooo I am on pain meds & as of today have a cool little walker on wheels with a seat on it to get around on. Crutches & I did not work so well together. Not on these drugs. :roll: What yall do not know about me is that I am "The World's Biggest Klutz!" My poor DH has taken off from his job so he can help me out until we know what is what. Ice, elevating the foot has done nothing at all as for the swelling. It just keeps getting more huge! :shock: To our surprise it is not all colors. Bruising is spotted. What is up with that? :roll: So I will try to keep up my post count but it may not make a lick of sense. :D Take care & I hope you get to enjoy the beginning of Fall. My fav. time of year. :wink: