Thread: Quilt challenge
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 06:52 AM
janRN

I hope I don't offend any one and I hope I can say this in a way that you don't take it wrong. But why would you want to make a quilt for someone you don't like? It sounds like penance-I'm sorry if that offends. Why not just pray for that person, pray that your feelings of dislike go away, and make a quilt for charity?
I don't like gifts of clothes-I'm fat, nothing fits right, and nothing looks right. Why would someone who knows how I feel buy me clothes? They would be forcing their likes or tastes on me. There are so many other gift ideas out there.
I just don't see the point in making a quilt for the "ex" when already in your mind you know he won't appreciate it. When he mistreats it, does that make you feel justified in your negative feelings towards him? I'm so sorry--I'm just trying to understand when there are so many charities that are crying for quilts. Please please don't think I'm being mean-I just don't understand. If I did offend you, I'm sorry. Please let me know what I'm missing here.
Again, sorry if I offended anyone.