View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 AM
mommaB

OK, all this organizing talk makes me want to leave work (as you can tell, I'm really busy today!!) and go start getting things in order in my sewing room. When the last kid left, The dog and I moved the tv and couch to the actual living room and the downstairs familyroom was repainted a gorgeous cottage blue and I did get some white storage cabinets, the tall kind with shelves and doors (love the dog, but she sheds something awful). I have an old maybe antique narrow cabinet that my late mother painted and stenciled strawberries on (definately '70"s, definately Mom, wouldn't change it for the world!!). She used it in her sewing room too!! I have one of those white plastic banquet tables from Sam's, and my sewing machine cabinet, and a bookshelf.Oh and the computer desk. Some stuff has actually made it into the cabinets!!! I'm sure I have duplicates of some stuff I can't find. Other stuff came up and I have never gotten back to the organizing. :roll: :roll:

Here's a question...Do you guys prefer carpeting or hard flooring?? I'm on a cement floor down there (I live in a split level). The old carpet needs to come up but i'm not sure if I should replace it with more carpet or laminate?? Of course there would be a rug under my feet at the machine and ironing board, etc., auntie arthritis insists!! And a comfy padded bed for my assistant!! But is it easier to sweep or vac?? I'm leaning toward laminate, but is there something about the carpeting that would make it better?

Anyways, Kudos to those of you that are organized by nature, and to the rest of you..I feel your pain :lol: :lol: :lol: