View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 05:05 PM
josi49

Goodness me, I sure hope quilting is not a dying art. I've got enough fabric, notions and machines to start my own small shop ..... as apparently many, many others on this board do also. I am also a member on the Janome 6500/6600 & 7700 Yahoo Groups and that is another completely different set of quilters. And then, there is the Viking Designer SE group and the HQ16 group; all different quilters! That's just 3 or 4 machines; think of all the other brands out there with their own boards for quilters. And like someone else mentioned - $3 billion a year industry; hardly dying. And Paducah or Houston or West Palm Beach .... holy cow, there are MAJOR quilt shows everywhere and I go to as many as I possibly can and take classes whenever and wherever something is offered that I think I will use. If anything, quilting is a GROWING cottage industry that's taking the world by a storm and I'm so glad to be a part of it. The members on this board are the best of them all!!! Thank you to all who share your knowledge with the rest of us.

Josi in Florida