View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 04:19 PM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by gale
Actually I disagree. The PO gives those boxes away at no charge because the cost of priority mail pays for them. I bet postage would be incredibly high if they were to give out boxes for parcel post or media mail or whatever. Even though postage seems high sometimes, I think it's actually pretty cheap compared with some other countries.
I have to agree with you. Their boxes, their rules. Can't follow their rules, don't use their boxes. Simple as that. You can send things priority in any box, just not flat rate.
That is fine as long as they are marked well enough for everyone to understand what they are using! My post office is very good and lets you know what is what, and will make every attempt to help you save money. I know in larger areas you do not always get this kind of service! They have even stuffed things in the small box for me when I didn't think it would fit, and taped it well, so that it wouldn't pop open.
My PO is the same.. its such a smal,l one woman shop. Shes as wonderful as can be.. she's always trying to save me a buck..I cant complain at all.. she even suggests that i take it out of the box I had and gives me something else to put it in so that its even cheaper.. Then shes tapes it up for me too !!!