Thread: Home Ec Class
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:49 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by boopeterson
My hubby's niece is home schooled and her mom wants me to do a Home Ec class with her. For the sewing part I have planned to make a apron, I would like us to make 5 of them to use them in the cooking part. And for the cooking part I have planned to get together with her mom and grandma and her great grandma to make Christmas cookies. It will be like a 4 generation cooking class for her. With all the cooks in the kitchen she should learn quite a few little lessons.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what all I should show her on the sewing part? Besides the apron? I'm not sure if she has ever sewn anything before..I know she dont have a machine. I have 4 so she can use on anytime she wants to.
An apron's a good idea - after the machine use and maintenance that others have suggested. But I think making 5 is overkill, and you could really turn her off! Other good suggestions have been a pillowcase and pillowcase dress to donate. Also a simple shopping/grocery bag or drawstring backpack.