View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
BizyStitches

Originally Posted by Kathy N
My Secret Pal packaged was returned by the post office. I had to take it inside to remail and they ask for an additional $1.05 for the small flat rate box. I questioned why the flat rate box that should be $4.95 would need an additional $1.05. She said I was not using a "flat rate" box. I said yes I was, that I had gotten it from the post office and it is what I always used to mail my packages......well here is the catch. The post office had some printed with the words "small flat rate" and some without those words. The boxes are identical in all other ways. I happened to get one without the words which allows them to charge whatever postage they want. So folks....check your boxes carefully. Its so hard to believe our government would cheat us like that.....hahahaha
The same thing happened to me, but it was the large box, and I pack as much in them as I can to send things to my grand kids, and when I went to get the postage it was a box that was NOT marked "flat rate", yes it is irritating.