Old 09-27-2010, 03:55 AM
justwannaquilt

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i don't recall ever seeing a windham charm pack of anything anywhere. the seller has almost certainly cut them herself.

windham makes some of the nicest fabrics on the market. unless you catch them on sale they're among the most expensive. the seller will have invested quite a bit of money in the fabrics for the charm pack. also, most charm packs have around 40 or so squares. i've seen them for well over $10 a pack.

i agree that $16.95 calculates to a very high per-yard price. on the other hand, if you only need the wee bit of each that a charm pack provides, you'll save money in the long run. imagine the expense of buying just one fat quarter of each fabric. :shock:
This is true. The seller you are talking about is LOVELY! I ALWAYS buy my Windham Storybook from her (the only fabric I pay full price for EVER! and don't mind it), she ships quickly and gets my order right. I love ordering from her shop. She does cut all her charm packs, this is not a "precut" like Moda. So your not only paying for the fabric but you are also paying for the convenience of the smaller "precut" pieces. Julie (the owner of the etsy and ebay shop you are talking about) is awesome, and I am nor affiliated with her in any other way other than a happy customer!

P.S. Hancocks-Paducah wants 24.98 for 24 "Jelly roll" strips or 29.98 for 30 of the same strips. Thats 99 cents for a 2.5 inch strip of fabric! Not any cheaper!