View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Clueless Quilter

As you have trimmmed off the points and want to put a border on it I would proceed as follows:

(I am going to attempt to add pictures along with my instructions but as I have never done this before I am not sure if it will work. Also, I have used difference colors in the border so you can see each step better.

1. Cut two strips of fabric (however wide you want the border to be) a little longer than the long sides of the table runner and then sew them on. Now trim the ends of the border fabric by aligning the ruler along the edge of the fabric on the angled ends of the border. See picture - 1

2. Cut two more border strips. One for one side only of each end being sure to include the border already added in the measure. (I would cut this a couple of inches longer than my measurement.) Sew one on each end opposite each other. Trim on long side by laying ruler along the edge of the first border added. Trim point end, if necessary, by laying ruler along the edge of fabric on the opposite side of the point. See picture - 2

3. Measure the last side on the end including the borders already added, again adding extra for insurance. After you have sewn them on. Trim off excess as necessary.

4. Bind or finish as desired.

I hope this is what you were looking for and than I have made it clear.

Picture 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111030[/ATTACH]

Picture 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111031[/ATTACH]

Picture 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111032[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-111025.jpe   attachment-111026.jpe   attachment-111027.jpe