Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Here are the Options >

Here are the Options

Here are the Options

Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
Originally Posted by grma33
beautiful You have to lay your ruler across 1/4 above where they meet and cut off points to get a straight edge.
Gale
Yeah, sorry, I did that part already - this is an older photo. What I currently have is the version with the top and bottom points all cut off. :)
Sense you have the "points" already trimed off (witch is what I would have done also), I would use 4 triangles of the light fab. on the ends, making it a rectangle then bind with dark purple. Beautiful table runner by the way. Love the color combination.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Clueless Quilter
As you have trimmmed off the points and want to put a border on it I would proceed as follows:

(I am going to attempt to add pictures along with my instructions but as I have never done this before I am not sure if it will work. Also, I have used difference colors in the border so you can see each step better.

1. Cut two strips of fabric (however wide you want the border to be) a little longer than the long sides of the table runner and then sew them on. Now trim the ends of the border fabric by aligning the ruler along the edge of the fabric on the angled ends of the border. See picture - 1

2. Cut two more border strips. One for one side only of each end being sure to include the border already added in the measure. (I would cut this a couple of inches longer than my measurement.) Sew one on each end opposite each other. Trim on long side by laying ruler along the edge of the first border added. Trim point end, if necessary, by laying ruler along the edge of fabric on the opposite side of the point. See picture - 2

3. Measure the last side on the end including the borders already added, again adding extra for insurance. After you have sewn them on. Trim off excess as necessary.

4. Bind or finish as desired.

I hope this is what you were looking for and than I have made it clear.
Very clever!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:40 AM

Option 3 is my vote.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
np3
Power Poster

I love the points on the end. You could add triangles of the center color on the edges if you want a rectangle. I would put a border of the lighter fabric around it and then us the dark as binding. I like the contrast.