View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM
franie

Oh my Gosh! You too? I am so sorry and I know how painful and miserable it is. My hubby was clueless too but he did run the dishwasher a couple of times and did cook dinner most every night. I can't carry anything hot (or much cold either). I hate the walker but the wheelchair gets old too. And crutches are good once you are better with balance and can put some weight on it. My biggest complaint was hubby disappearing to the garage and leaving stuff in my way. You will get past it but oh I feel so bad that now two of you are down as I am getting over my injury. Sending hugs to both of you.

Originally Posted by PMY in QCA-IL
I broke my leg last Sunday - stepped up (3") onto a concrete picnic pavilion platform and happened to hit the only spot that was patched and slippery from the overnight rain. My feet went out from under me and down I went. DH is sooo clueless - doesn't think how much I'm hurting still; leaves lights on, TV going, dirty dishes in sink - not into dishwasher. I try to cook from a barstool at the stove, have to ask him to reach something for me or I have to transfer to my walker to get it myself. Sure hurts wrists, elbows and shoulders to try hopping around with a walker (tried crutches, but too off balance with the cast).Anyway - you have my sympathy I REALLY know how you're feeling - hope we're both over this ASAP - 6 to 8 weeks is going to be a long time!!