View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Deb G

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- I'm supposed to be sewing, but I have HGTV on and listening to it. An ad just came on for appliances that can save you $2500.00 over a 5 yr period --- WOW!!! ENERGY saving!!! WOW!!! Okay - let's break that down....$2500. divided by 5 yrs = $500. a year savings ... $500. a year breaks down to $41.00 a month. SOOOOO go out, buy a new appliance, dump the old one in the landfill or a recycling place, and save $41.00 a month. No mention of the original cost, no mention of the ENERGY expended to MAKE the appliance! Am I missing something here? DH gets ticked off when he sees them tear out old cabinets...NOT recycling them..TEARING them out and putting in "green" cabinets --- just for the sake of being "green"... Do they think we're all idiots????

Another gripe -- young people buying houses that are 3000+ square feet just because they have/are having babies. Then saying the white appliances have "GOT TO GO".....just to get the stainless steel kind......ummmmmm IDIOTIC!

Okay - I'm off my bandwagon....LOL :mrgreen:
I'm totaly with you on this. I think the same things when I see some of those shows. What are people thinking? Oh ya, they aren't.