Old 09-30-2010, 03:16 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Originally Posted by moonwolf23

See had my mother done, that I don't think I would talk to her again. My room is my room and my domain. Outside the room I can see, but be aware if your kids are as private as I am, you will get the consequences as well.
I think you misunderstand; occupying a room within the family home does not mean you own it. When you are writing the monthly mortgage check, paying the roofers, the yard guys, the service and repair people, the painters, keeping up with the maintenance ad infinitum, paying the utility and grocery bills, buying the furniture and linens for "your" room, THEN you can talk about it being "YOUR" room!

Private space to do as they wish is not part of the required parental obligation to ones offspring. You have a "room of your own" by the good grace of your loving parents, not by "rights".

Have another fat quarter, Love, this is not meant to bash you or anyone else, just gives a differing perspective.

Jan in VA (who was also a "mean mother" but whose daughter -- at age 15! -- once told her "Thank you, Mom, for being the kind of mother you are." I was so touched I cried.)

AMEN TO THAT.. our youngest (17) asked me why she had to fold the towels out of the dryer this evening when i got home from work.. i asked her why i had to get up early, drive her to school, work all day, then come home & fold towels...

she got the point... of course she's seen & heard a lot from the older 4!