Old 10-01-2010, 10:38 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sall
Glad you are taking precautions. I was robbed in Rome without knowing it. This I might add happened outside the Vatican, so nowhere is sacred. Take care, but have a wonderful time. So much to see and so many wonderful sights
When I was there, someone got pickpocketed while touring IN the Vatican. I couldn't believe it.

I wore a fannypack in Rome and while in Barcelona which is also very bad for pick pockets. I always kept the pouch that held everything in front and rested my hands on it. It was convenient, easy and I always knew where my valuables were. It worked for me. Rome was wonderful. As long as you stay aware of your surroundings I am sure you will have a great time. Places that are especially rumored to have a lot of pick pockets are around Trevi fountain. Also watch out for strangers trying to give you flowers. It is a scam to try and get the gentleman to drop his guard and dip into his pocket to hand the flower giver a euro or something. They then watch where he puts his money and it is gone in a wink. They are so good at it they can empty your pocket without you even knowing they did it. Most victims don't realize until someone comments their pocket is turned inside out.