Old 10-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Andii

Originally Posted by rwquilts
I was worried about piecing #18, because of the points, but it paper pieced beautifully! I did take creative license with the color placement and changed it up a bit...welcome dody!
I have been using templates and have been struggling a bit with my points. How would I paper-piece a block? I know there are patterns for certain blocks but can you turn anything into a pp block?

It sounds like these are going to be hard but Century of Progress is one of my favorites to look at. I like how you did the color placement rwquilts and I plan to do mine in the same way. I thought the fabrics had been turned by accident in the first few I looked at and that it was supposed to be done like you did it :thumbup: To me it looks like a beautiful Christmas tree topper done the way it's supposed to and I think it's nice that way too.

I think these are the prettiest blocks so far! The fabric is so striking in them all. Good job, ladies and I'll look at all your gorgeous blocks again for inspiration as I work with all of those angles...it can be done. :shock: