Old 10-01-2010, 06:49 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Melody
ohhh! one of favorite pastimes is genealogy. :mrgreen: I've spent approx. 40 years in researching all of our families, and with some luck, I've found quite a few other living descendants from the same tree. My husband is 12th generation male descendant of Elder Wm Brewster. We occasionally make a pilgrimage back to his ancestors home town in northern Vermont. It's sooo beautiful there!

We have a lot of very old family photos and I've scrapbooked copies of the photos with family stories and the family tree. I give them away to distant family and we've made some wonderful "new" friends in other states that are from the same "branch".

This is a subject dear to my heart.... I had better stop or I will bore all of you tears!! ;-)
My BIL is a descendent of Wm and Sarah Brewster, too.

As for me, well I'm peasant stock of a bunch late 19th and early 20th century Germans and Swedes. I've been working on DH's. My DH has CWar, RWar, and 17th century Dutch and I think Mayflower (not proven yet) roots. What fascinates me about genealogy is how it brings history closer to you. My DH's ancesters Rebecca and Norman lived through the summer of 1815, the year there was no summer. The extreme hardships they endured in New England because of a volcanic eruption in Indonesia is mind boggling. Yet they survived.