View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bakermom
this is what "everyone" claimed would happen to our small town when superwm came in 5 years ago. Hasn't happened. I work at a small family owned business that ''everyone' was sure would be ruined. NOT! Infact we are doing better than ever. Some small business owners don't provide good customer service and act like they are doing you a favor by waiting on you. That's why they lose business.

More new small stores have opened around the big Super Center Walmart in our town. The small stores are all doing great. New ones are opening every year. The ones that are struggling are old dingy looking stores with owners that act like they are doing you a favor by being open. Last week I walked into one of the older pre Walmart era stores to ask about the cast iron cookware the store use to sell. The owner of the store was eating lunch at the counter by the register, the food smells were strong, he was talking to me while eating, and never once got up to show me what he did have. And why are the stores so dark? It's like my grandmother turning out every light in the house except one lamp where she sit. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: