View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 02:37 AM
plainpat

Sure they can & will learn to cook ,as they'll learn other things.I was married very young & only thing I'd ever cooked/baked was Dad's fav cake :-)

When DD married to what we thought was worst choice (he was)....it took us a long time to get thru it.Looking back,I should have known she'd get it straight eventually.

Agree with you....all we can do is smile & pray things work out.My parents made a great impression ,when they never said the 1st bad word about our marriage.Even tho we've been married over 50 yrs,they had no way of knowing if it'd work.Good luck. Cry when you have to & smile when you see them. JMO

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Thank you everyone for your kind words....I'm sitting here crying just reading all of your responses. I should be happy that she didn't move to far away and right now they will be coming home every weekend to do their laundry until they can afford to get a washer/dryer. Now, I should also set up a night that they can come over for dinner too. She makes mac n chz and he can make grilled chz sandwiches....LOL Can't live on that alone.