View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:09 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Thank you everyone for your kind words....I'm sitting here crying just reading all of your responses. I should be happy that she didn't move to far away and right now they will be coming home every weekend to do their laundry until they can afford to get a washer/dryer. Now, I should also set up a night that they can come over for dinner too. She makes mac n chz and he can make grilled chz sandwiches....LOL Can't live on that alone.
You will adjust just fine. I had 4 children, 3 of them married with kids of their own. The youngest is a bachelor with a home of his own. Just don't make yourself too available for them. They have to learn to live on their own and be self-sufficient. I remember when my oldest son decided to move into an apartment with his girlfriend (now his wife) the first question I asked him was how close a laundromat was to the apartment. You know, he never brought his laundry home. We hate to have them grow up, but when they do we have to get accross to them that the decision they made is theirs and that we will support them in those decisions, but not do it all for them. Good luck, and hang in there.