Thread: mammogram
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Ramona Byrd

Okay, some of this is a medical reality.

Now we have what is called Thermography, which does not squeeze our boobs quite so hard, and uses a different kind of imaging. This is what new hospitals have and others are gearing up for it.

Check it out. You get the prescription for the process and you have to check out where you get it. I would be suspicious if my doctor flatly insisted on me going to one single place..to my mind that would say he/she had money ties to that one place.

Also, especially when having blood tests, I have been angry enough to walk out and go someplace else when told that I would not be allowed to pick up my test results, that they would only be sent to the doctor. I have a file folder with years of my test results, and some times the doctor has had to ask ME for a copy of my results, since she/he had not received a copy of them in a timely manner..say, one month after the procedure. Plus, I've checked with medical people I volunteered with when something on my test results didn't seem right, but the doctor never caught. They are well educated, but only human, and if questioned in a non threatening manner will be glad to re-check the results and discuss them with you.