View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 12:00 PM
pattis47

I believe the clerks' behavior was unacceptable. In today's economy, they should be more thankful you are there. I too don't like confrontation. However, I have learned to speak with my wallet (credit card). When I am treated poorly, I just don't return. Eventually the shop owner will call to see if "I am alright". My $20.00 - 40.00 purchase weekly doesn't seem like much at the time. But, when your shop is short $150.00 a month for 1 customer it makes a difference. (If it happened to you, it probably happened to others, multiply that and it adds up at the end of the month). Her call to check on me or ask if I am joining the new group gives me the opportunity to discuss the situation calmly after I have overcome my feelings. I very much like going to the shops to actually see and touch the fabrics, however I have started shopping online recently and have not been disappointed with my purchases. The thing I miss is the friendship I have made sitting and stitching. I have invited several of the ladies to my home to sit, chat, and stitch. This summer I made a simple salad and iced tea for lunch. With winter coming a hot bowl of soup with some crusty rolls or bread make a nice treat. Just my thoughts.