View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 02:01 PM
JenniePenny

Originally Posted by BetsyB
Originally Posted by CindyBee
My sewing room is the same size as yours. It's a bedroom I requisitioned after all the kids flew the coop. I repainted, stripped the carpet and installed wood laminate, fitted three white bookshelves from WalMart along one wall for fabric storage and a small flat screen TV. The closet is storage also. I love my Koala sewing table. It has a leaf that extends for cutting and helps to hold a big quilt when I'm machine quilting. I positioned it near the window for the view and natural lighting. One thing I really love is my wall mounted folding ironing board! DH calls the room the Woman Cave. I just love having my very own space to sew and be creative in. If I'm deep into a project and things get messy, I just close the door. Lot's of great ideas here. I'm sure you'll love your space and I hope we get to see the pictures!
Woman Cave - I like it!!! Loving these wonderful suggestions!! No closet in my room, but I have lots of bookshelves and a dresser with large drawers commandeered when my kids flew the nest. I have a small sewing table but am thinking of getting a Koala or something like it. I will send pics when it gets done.
Please do share pictures when you're done, BetsyB. Good luck with everything.