View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:38 PM
dljennings

my sewing room is upstairs under the eaves... so the slope on the ceiling can be tough to work around.. it used to feel very spacious, but then dd got a machine, our chairs sit back to back, with the ironing board in the middle.. we have the height set on that so we don't have to get up to iron anything, she just has to wait her turn.. its my iron & my board.. i don't have to wait.

have an old kitchen island for a cutting table.. counter height, we share..

then ddil started quilting & moved in, so now we added another desk at the end of the ironing board, and she waits her turn too!

asked dh to make me the large ironing board cover for christmas... but due to outlet issues, (house is circa 1738) there will still only be one iron...

windows face west, but i have a lovely old tree to help keep the heat down in the summer, and a ceiling fan helps too.

i took home a couple of those cubical partitions, dh made a frame & i put the batting up on it, so i have a design wall, course when you come up the stairs, you see the back of it, which is not all that attractive, but who cares.. front side looks lovely with last years shop hop quilt still up on it... (just can't quite figure what it wants to do..)

dd's room is up there, we close that door alot! and the other tiny room is set up for the grandkids to play in while we sew...

i love my room and having my girls and grandbabies up there is great too.