Thread: Where You Live
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 AM
mayday
Banned

I live in GB. moved to this area because of husband's promotions 26 years ago, what a culture shock, no big stores ,no proper street markets selling everything including fabric/fruit/haberdashery/veg/fish etc etc. That was just the shopping, the people were SO different, did not travel even to city for shopping, and now having movedonly 12 miles further west the people are GHASTLY , intransigent/petty/pathetic and honestly weird.
Love the countryside [always lived in country] my Doctor is wonderful as is my home but the nearby neighbours are so dreadful, spiteful/two faced and as with many in the area will only speak when it suits them; was warned of this by a lady who lived below me and had been there for 30 years.
I would return "home" --more north but it has changed so ,been flooded with thousands of immigrants who demand everything is done for them/their way ,so am trapped and have to make the best of a bad job. Plus am now even further away from quilt/fabric shops and even those that are near-----went yesterday to one to buy hand quilt needles ,they only had two sorts to offer; the fabric CLEARANCE was £6 per yard,and had only 3-4 stencils AT LEAST twice-three times the price I can buy fron US, didn't stock king tut or sewline markers.