Where You Live

Old 10-03-2010, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
I LOVE the Pacific Northwest. We have mountain ranges, the ocean, lakes, and old growth forests, so there's lots to do and see. Best of all we have over 50 quilt shops in Western Washington.
to quote a song "mama im comin home"
grew up in spokane wa ended up in ohio courtesy of the us army and 2 husbands but my 3rd wonderful husband and i are moving to washington state when my youngest gets out of school this june CAN NOT wait it will not be here soon enough the only thing i am going to miss is small town life and my 2 older sons but they are adults now and have their owns lifes time for us to live ours now.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:11 AM

I love the picture of the canine friend. I had a malamute wolf cross for a friend too. He came to me as a stray and stayed for life. He was huge, about 140lbs and with his paws on my shoulder was taller than me. We called him Old Man because he seemed to be just a little old man in a big fur coat. He was my best friend and guru. He taught me to never run when walking would do, always check everything out before committing to it and to turn around three times before sitting down. He liked cats too and always had to a feline companion to keep him company when I was at work. He even raised three orphaned kittens once. He would corner them and then give them a good cleaning with his tongue. They would be sopping wet by the time he was done, so they would crawl up into his thick fur coat to warm up and take a nap. I still miss how he would come up and put his big head in my lap to let me know all was well with our world.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 PM

Love where I live. Even as a child I was leaving Colorado and heading west. Made it 37 years ago and am here to stay. Weather is mild and nothing keeps me indoors. Love the beautiful mountains, ocean, lakes and all the quilt stores. Have you ever sewn outside?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Banned

I live in GB. moved to this area because of husband's promotions 26 years ago, what a culture shock, no big stores ,no proper street markets selling everything including fabric/fruit/haberdashery/veg/fish etc etc. That was just the shopping, the people were SO different, did not travel even to city for shopping, and now having movedonly 12 miles further west the people are GHASTLY , intransigent/petty/pathetic and honestly weird.
Love the countryside [always lived in country] my Doctor is wonderful as is my home but the nearby neighbours are so dreadful, spiteful/two faced and as with many in the area will only speak when it suits them; was warned of this by a lady who lived below me and had been there for 30 years.
I would return "home" --more north but it has changed so ,been flooded with thousands of immigrants who demand everything is done for them/their way ,so am trapped and have to make the best of a bad job. Plus am now even further away from quilt/fabric shops and even those that are near-----went yesterday to one to buy hand quilt needles ,they only had two sorts to offer; the fabric CLEARANCE was £6 per yard,and had only 3-4 stencils AT LEAST twice-three times the price I can buy fron US, didn't stock king tut or sewline markers.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by franie
I love where I live. We have been in Alaska for 32 years now. 28 in the Interior; 4 yrs on the coast. I live 2 mi from the beach. It's small and quiet. I am originally from Maine but lived in FL about 15 years before coming here. My hubby is from GA. We both abhor the humidity and all the people on the East Coast. So we retired here, too and thought we would travel more to Lower 48 but we got tired of that too. Two of the 4 children live in the state. I just love Alaska--I never tired of the scenery that goes on and on!
lucky you----would love to join you.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:22 AM

I love where I live THREE seasons a year. However, I hate cold and winter...PA is not where you want to be in the winter...at least not me. Last winter was so cold and it just kept snowing. I wont move because two of my children and five of the grandchildren live close to us. If the kids ever leave the state...I am headed for a warmer climate! Maybe VA or NC.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM

I love my big, old Victorian farmhouse in CT. When the kids moved out, I moved my stuff into their rooms. I love the town, even though there's a LOT more traffic than when we moved here 38 years ago. Right now it's beautiful. I love all 3 seasons that we spend here.

I also love spending the winter in Tucson. It's fun having a city life during the winter where it's warmer (though not hot by any means!) than CT. Lots to do in Tucson, and I love the desert - so very different from CT. And, as I've said so many times, Cathey's (local Pfaff, Viking, Brother dealer) has lots of classes & brings in nationally known teachers for 'Sit 'N Sews - what more could I ask for?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 PM

I envy you alot. I want to move there but my family is here and would be hard. However you never can tell.