Where You Live

Old 10-02-2010, 01:13 AM

I love where I have lived for the past 30 years. A semi rural area with small shopping strip but within 20 minutes of larger shopping centre. We moved out of the suburbs to get some clean country air, unfortunately DD has moved closer in to the city and is now 1-1/2 hours drive away from us.

As the local orchards are being sub-divided, suburbia is creeping closer and closer.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:18 AM

I already got " Outta Dodge". I was born n raised in Los Angeles, Cali.... i left close to 15 years ago and will never go back. I almost moved to Texas for a man but he was going to move here so i didnt have to leave my kids,, but he passed away before. So unless another Mr. Right comes along from elsewhere, i will stay put in beautiful Boise Idaho, covered with green trees( Boise means " City of Trees") and a river thru the middle of town and parks the size of texas hehe.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:40 AM

I like where I live, quite and friendly. Beautiful tree lined street, horses, and fields. A small town.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:45 AM

I hate where I live, Eastern North Carolina. I only have 6 more years before retirement. Since my mother lives with my sister and myself, we'll be here until she is gone (a long, long time I hope.) Then my sister and I are leaving. Hopefully the mountains of North Carolina or Tennessee.

I don't like the weather, to hot!!!! It's a very poor area and high unemployment. In my work I deal with a lot of people who feel like they are entitled to everything free. What they don't realize is "free" means somebody else is paying for it. If they don't get what they want they get nasty and mean.

I want peace and quiet. A community where I feel appreciated and a part of. I've lived in the same town off and on for my entire life and I'm treated like an outsider.

Love my family, whic is why I stay and try to be patient.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by stancilgirls
I hate where I live, Eastern North Carolina. I only have 6 more years before retirement. Since my mother lives with my sister and myself, we'll be here until she is gone (a long, long time I hope.) Then my sister and I are leaving. Hopefully the mountains of North Carolina or Tennessee.

I don't like the weather, to hot!!!! It's a very poor area and high unemployment. In my work I deal with a lot of people who feel like they are entitled to everything free. What they don't realize is "free" means somebody else is paying for it. If they don't get what they want they get nasty and mean.

I want peace and quiet. A community where I feel appreciated and a part of. I've lived in the same town off and on for my entire life and I'm treated like an outsider.

Love my family, whic is why I stay and try to be patient.
I did what you are dreaming of. DH and I each came from suburb of big cities, he Detroit and I New York. We lived between Ann Arbor and Detroit, then suburb of Baltimore in Catonsville MD then Clearwater FL. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven when we went south because Clearwater still had some of the atmosphere of what we envisioned as a small town. By the time we retired we couldn't wait to leave. One couldn't find a place to sit at the beach, traffic was clogged etc. We fled to mountains of western NC and never looked back. The housing boom threatened the culture of the place but since that what stopped in its tracks we are still safe from developers. Sadly the economy is farther in the dumps than some other places but total strangers still greet you at the check out line at the grocery store (which is 18 miles from home for me). If you have a need for help the neighbors practically stand in line to help you out. It's also loaded with quilters, some of them from generations of them.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:42 AM

Where is Dora, Mo.? my inlaws are in Joplin,Mo. i came from a small town in Iowa and want to move back to a small town. i have lived in Co.....i think for55 years. the crime has gotten bad and there are to many people. would like to move to Mo. and have an underground house. they are quite and hold a constant temp. no out side maint. if you ever hear of any for sale...please let me know.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by HELLuvvANGEL
I already got " Outta Dodge". I was born n raised in Los Angeles, Cali.... i left close to 15 years ago and will never go back. I almost moved to Texas for a man but he was going to move here so i didnt have to leave my kids,, but he passed away before. So unless another Mr. Right comes along from elsewhere, i will stay put in beautiful Boise Idaho, covered with green trees( Boise means " City of Trees") and a river thru the middle of town and parks the size of texas hehe.
I agree. I spent 25 years in Boise and plan to retire back there.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Dee

I love where we are.We are in the lehigh valley surrounded by forrests and mountains. Lived in Ca., Utah and Az. Love the fresh air and people. Originally from So. Mn.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
We live in "upstate" New York at the base of the catskill mountains and the shawangunk mountains. Not too far from West Point. We're close enough to NYC to see a play or show; about 1 and 1/2 hours. Its really pretty here but getting very crowded. Many are moving here from the Bronx. I daydream about moving when we retire, but we will see. We have good friends and the kids are here. I'd love to live in Idaho - its in the middle of all the states I love and I also love Alaska. Darn, I love the beach in Massachusetts too. I think we will have to travel about like my parents did for 10 years. That's my super dream.
I live in Pine bush, NY and love it here. We are about 20 min. from Middletown. We could have passed each other in JoAnns or Walmart!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 PM

I have hated it here since the day we moved here. I would love to live somewhere else...not sure where.

But since I've found quilting I would hate to leave all these wonderful quilt stores here.